Tuesday, February 23, 2010

M(ain) NI K(ehta) tha .. bekar film hogi


I saw MNIK or My Name is Khan. For the first time in several years I was optimistic about a Karan Johar film.

Firstly, because he was moving away from the usual candy floss slash family melodrama formula, and secondly, and probably for the first time ever since he started directing, he had NOT written the screenplay.

All, until I saw the film. My first feelings were like I saw a documentary, of sorts. Or rather a confused travelogue on America ...

there was just no central message in the film ...or rather, they failed to convey it exactly


But I have to admit, I liked Shah Rukh Khan more than any of his earlier movies [except KHKN]. We are gradually seeing the 'actor' in SRK and not the rahul-raj-repeat! characters.

The film will be accepted solely on the acting brilliance of SRK ...and practically, nothing else.




Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home